Good question, huh?
I can’t believe it’s been a month since my last post because, apparently in my head, I’ve written a dozen posts! So what’s been going on with me? Well …
1. The Bassmaster Classic. I spent a week in downtown Birmingham, and taking a bus up to Lake Guntersville, to work at my company’s major tournament of the year. We had a great turnout, and a great time!
2. Wedding planning. The big day, as people always refer to it, is just months away now, so I’m trying to get all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed! I have everything I’m planning to wear, makeup and hair trials are done, my first fitting is scheduled … so I’m getting there! But there’s still odds and ends to buy/make, final meetings with the photographer and DJ to schedule, and a walk-through with the on-site coordinator, florist and caterer. I’ve been excited for this day for a year now, but it being so close makes it feel so real. I can’t wait to marry my best friend!
3. Home decorating. J and I have had a lot of fun picking out furniture and decorating since we moved into our new house. We decided to paint our dining room — our first painting project! — and we’re really happy with the results! It’s a soft grayish blue color, and just an accent wall, so it was an easy DIY one-day project!
4. Working out. I’ve been attending Torque and spinning classes, which have both been really great. Sadly, between the Classic and then coming down with a sinus infection after, I didn’t get to Torque as often as I wanted during Feb. and now my month of classes is up. But I’ve started running again (yay!) and I plan to get to Body Pump and continue doing some of the exercises I learned at Torque. I don’t want the strength-training side of things to completely fall off!
5. Eating well. On the nutrition front, using MyFitnessPal has really been helping me! I love how many items I can find easily with that app, and while I didn’t track during the Classic, I’ve been tracking regularly before and after and I’m happy to announce that I’ve lost a few pounds! I’ve lost 4.2 since the beginning of Feb., to be exact! I also lost an inch in my hips and an inch in my waist since the last time I took my measurements in Nov. So that’s not super-fast, I realize, but progress is progress!
So that’s what’s been going on with me lately. I’m looking forward to the next month of staying busy and celebrating with friends (two friends are also getting married in the next two months!) and continuing on this great track of eating well and working out. What are your big plans for March?