1. It’s spring! Granted, we just had a few days of 30-degree mornings (WTF?!), but this Easter weekend it will be in the 70s and I plan to fully enjoy it. I want to find a big pot of flowers to put next to our front door, and I’m dying for a walk at either Railroad Park or Oak Mountain … I need me some nature!
2. A couple weeks ago I attended my friend Brent’s wedding, and we had such a blast! I love that two of my high school friends and I are getting married all within a three month period. It just makes this spring feel like it’s full of big celebrations!
3. I have to pat myself on the back a little because I brought my lunch with me to work … four times this week! That is a freakin’ miracle for me. I generally love going out to eat, either with friends or even on my own, during which I read a book or catch up on some Netflix. But this week I really stuck to my guns and not only did I save money, I know it was better for my waistline. (I’m still hovering around that 251 mark and praying I can get down under that before the wedding … not for any real reason because I’m feeling really good right now, if just for the ability to say I finally broke my plateau!)
4. Last weekend my good friend and bridesmaid Sarah Louise held a bridal tea for me at her home in Tuscaloosa. I had a great time with friends from my current job and my former job, and the food and beautiful flowers that Sarah Louise and her mom put together was just perfect! I have a hard time admitting that I’m kinda of shy about all of this stuff because, let’s face it, while I do like being the center of attention when cracking jokes or telling stories, when someone throws a party for me … I get a little flustered! Hopefully I didn’t sound like a babbling idiot the whole time, because really I’m just so grateful for everyone’s best wishes!
5. Next weekend I go home to NJ again for Jon and Ken’s wedding (Woot! Can’t wait!), a bridal shower hosted by my sister and mom, and my bachelorette party in Atlantic City. To say I’m excited about next weekend is an understatement! I’m expecting to be on my feet a lot so, while I am intending to wear heels at the wedding and out dancing Sat. night, I am searching for sparkly black flats as a back-up plan. Which ones get your vote?