Rachel Bilson. You know her from “The O.C.,” “How I Met Your Mother,” and now, “Hart of Dixie.” What you may not know about her is that she possesses an innate fashion instinct that I not only wish I had, I wish we all had it. She’s so good, In Style magazine recruited her to write a fashion column.
Here, some of my favorite looks that we all should copy.
1. Burgundy pants, boyfriend blazer, classic sunglasses, studded bag … what’s not to love? This is a great fall/winter outfit. And I love that she’s not afraid to wear black and brown together (just a glimpse of her boots, but they look like lace-ups to me).
2. Rachel knows how to take black basics and punch them up with accessories. Tall, cream-colored boots, a bright yellow bag and a printed scarf, not to mention her fun, braided hairstyle. Every piece adds a little something to what could be an outfit from dullsville. But she’d never wear an outfit that belonged there.
3. She embraces the new black: navy! And smartly pairs it with a grey bag. This dress is adorable and looks very chic with a velvet blazer (also a great trend that’s back again: velvet!). While the hemline is shorter, the blazer adds a layer of sophistication so that she’s not showing too much skin.
4. Check out what Rachel did here — ruffles, a sheer neckline, a sweet headband … and a cropped leather jacket? Yes. The combinations of girly and edgy works so well. It keeps her from looking too cutesy … or too biker-chick.
5. This outfit is genius. Loving the floral blouse paired with bright pants, a simple clutch and leopard pumps. Leopard and floral? It works here because it’s removed from one another — one on top, one on her feet. There’s also enough black in the blouse to pull in the black from the leopard — and then the black clutch ties it all together. This would be an easy look to mimic and wear to work.
6. As with the outfit above, Rachel does a great job mixing prints here. She sticks with one color palette and then combines small prints — stripes and polka dots. With the opaque black tights and booties (both must-haves!), she looks so pulled together. The bun in her hair makes her look extra fresh.
7. Finally, Rachel does a 70s vibe so well. The bell-bottom jeans with the drapey, off-the-shoulder T-shirt and her hair parted down the middle. While there’s a definite nod to the 70s, it’s not so overt as to look cheesy.
burgundy source, accessories source, girly/edgy source, navy/velvet source, brights/prints source, mixed prints source, 70s-style source,