Yeah, I may have just had a hissyfit.
The thing is, when you’re doing everything (seemingly) correctly and it doesn’t turn out as you wish, it can be a tad bit frustrating. This week, I didn’t do everything right, not by a long shot. But I stayed within my daily Weight Watchers points, ate my Flex Points as I should be able to, and I got a few workouts in.
And I gained a pound.
So, I marched that devious 6-year-old scale right to the trash chute, and shoved her down.
Last weigh-in: 253.5
I know I need to keep things in perspective. I know eating too many Flex Points does me in. Every time. I know that not all things are universal. While others may be able to eat ALL their Flex Points and still lose weight, I simply cannot. While others may be able to eat salty foods and not retain water, I simply cannot. While others don’t need to guzzle water like they’ve been lost in the dessert for four days, I simply do.
So, I am putting this hissyfit behind me. I am going into next week with these five main goals in mind:
1. regular workouts, at least 5 days out of 7
2. drink LOTS of water, lots and lots
3. eat no more than 4 Flex Points a day on top of my daily points (if any at all!)
4. avoid salty foods as much as possible
5. count EVERYTHING I eat, included alcoholic drinks, which I sometimes forget to count because I really don’t drink that often
Oh, and buy a new scale.