Unfortunately, I am forced to admit that I skipped the Red Shoe Run 5k this past Saturday. Rain, coupled with a lack of training, left me with little desire to get up and run a race beginning at 7 a.m. (Hey race organizers, maybe change that to 8:00 next year?) Thankfully, however, I did at least get my butt out of bed and go to spinning that morning instead. Still, I feel I must confess a few other embarrassments so as to truly cleanse my soul.
1. I really and truly love and enjoy Chick Lit and often choose books solely because a little red dress adorns the spine.
2. I used to believe that the correct lyrics to Cypress Hill’s “Insane In The Membrane” included the line “insane in the left brain.”
3. I like things to be on even numbers. For example, the volume on the TV and car radio must be an even number or I feel twitchy.
4. I once threw a large pinecone at my sister’s forehead when she was just 2 years old. Several years later I hit her in the same spot with a softball. (Thankfully, she still loves me.)
5. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen The Counting Crows and Rascal Flatts in concert.
6. Forget the cheesecake — I’d be happy with just the graham cracker crust! Gross, I know.
7. I have trouble backing up a car in a straight line. My new rear view camera does not make this easier for me.
8. After graduating from college, I once bought several rounds of drinks for friends declaring, “Drinks are on me! I have a job!” Somehow I thought being a weekly newspaper reporter making $19,000 a year meant I had expendable income.
9. I went through a “hippie” phase during college when I listened to Phish and The Grateful Dead, wore tie-dye T-shirts and walked barefoot to class.
10. The first CDs I ever owned included En Vogue, Mariah Carey and Garth Brooks and the first concert I went to was Montell Jordan and Boyz II Men.
Do you have any confessions that you need to get off your chest?