Yesterday as I was driving back to work after having lunch with my good friend Sherri, I had two thoughts on my mind:
- I can’t believe it’s almost October!
- I have to think of an exciting, entertaining way to get my diet and fitness back on track.
As you may know from reading my blog, I started doing Weight Watchers again in July, and so far it’s been going really well. Even when I injured my back about a month ago, I was still losing about 1 pound per week, and I was happy with that pace.
Unfortunately I haven’t lost anything in the past couple of weeks, though, and I’m ready to change that around. And I want you to join me in an effort to focus on our health and fitness!
Enter, the Stellar Fit Fam Facebook group!
I wanted to create a space to help one another focus on taking care of ourselves — and keep each other accountable for whatever health goals we are working toward as individuals. Whether you’re trying to lose weight or maintain your weight, whether you like to eat a paleo diet, eat clean or simply pay attention to your calories, whether you love to run or do spinning or lift — I want people of all fitness levels and goals to feel comfortable joining this community and sharing ideas.
The first thing I want this Facebook group to do is help each other during the next three months — some of the hardest months of the year to eat healthfully and exercise regularly. With holiday parties and lots of seasonal treats, it can be easy to indulge a little too much. So we’ll kick off the Stellar Fit Fam Facebook group with a Healthy Holiday Challenge:
Here’s how it works:
- Join the group on Facebook where we can build a community of self-care and body positivity and exchange recipe ideas, workouts and tips and tricks that work for us!
- Each week I will provide a challenge for the group via the Facebook group. For example: For Week 1, we will all try to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day and eat a piece of fruit or serving of veggies as a snack. We will also try to work out a minimum of three times as week. The goal here is to try to form healthy habits that everyone can benefit from — so drinking water and eating fruit and veg is good for us all! And the workouts you choose to do can be at your level — walk, run, go to Crossfit or swim — whatever you enjoy and find challenging!
- Look for posts on the blog each week that help educate us and support our weekly challenge.
- On Fridays, we will check in on the Facebook group and report to one another how we did with the weekly challenge. We will also learn what the next challenge is for the upcoming week.
- I will also do regular Periscope sessions (@StellarJennifer) with healthy eating and workout tips and take questions to fuel further discussion.
- One last thing — please sign up for my newsletter for additional tips and accountability — and a free printable calendar! This calendar, available by this Friday, Oct. 2, will include all of the month’s weekly challenges and daily mottos or quotes to encourage a healthy body image and self-care.
I hope you will all join me on the Facebook group and for his three-month Healthy Holiday Challenge! I think the community and accountability will be so valuable for me, and I hope you will find it valuable, too!