Does My Aging Make You Uncomfortable?

Today’s post is a guest post from my friend Jessica at Spiffy Eats & Giggle Water.

jess1

My name is Jessica. I am 30.

I have more wrinkles on my face than I ever have before.

I am also a mommy to the most spoiled dog there ever was.

I don’t wear make up most of the time.

Does my age make you uncomfortable?

jess2

This year I was part of two TV appearances for the first time in my life. I also gave my first healthy living workshop.

I laughed a lot, making my wrinkles very visible. I smiled a lot, also making my wrinkles very visible.

YOU think I should wear more make up if I am going to be doing these types of things?

Does MY age make YOU uncomfortable?

jess3

jess4

jess5

I am a granddaughter. I am a sister. I am an aunt. I am a friend.

I travel as often as I can to see those I love. I work late hours to have the money to visit them. The hard work I do may cause my age to show.

YOU think I need to do something because I am really starting to look aged?

Does MY age make YOU uncomfortable?

jess6

jess7

jess8

I am in a loving relationship with an incredible man. We are in our 30s and not married yet.

You think we should be? Our timeline doesn’t line up with the plans YOU had for my life?

Does MY age make YOU uncomfortable?

jess9

In the past I had terrible acne. My skin is more beautiful than it has ever been.

In the past I have dealt with severe depression and anxiety. I am more at peace than I have ever been.

In the past I was insecure about my body, skin, hair and strong personality. I am more confident than I have ever been.

In the past I have been selfish, irresponsible, and immature. I am more in love with myself than I have ever been.

So if MY age makes YOU uncomfortable. Please, please, please. Do not tell me about it. It does not concern me. I am a beautiful creation. I am a strong woman. And your insecurities are not now, nor will they ever be mine.

I hope we all, no matter what age, can embrace the beautiful amazing creations that we are. We each have unique talents, gifts, and traits. Love yourself. Accept yourself. Never let anyone else tell you your value.

6 Comments on Does My Aging Make You Uncomfortable?

1. Leslie
    February 26, 2016 at 8:45 am (9 months ago)

Love, love, LOVE this!

• Jessica
      February 26, 2016 at 3:17 pm (9 months ago)

Thank you!

2. Shannon Morrow
    February 26, 2016 at 12:37 pm (9 months ago)

I am so glad that you are now comfortable in your skin and you can love yourself the way we, your family and friends, have always loved you. Much love!!!

• Jessica
      February 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm (9 months ago)

Thank you, friend! 💖

3. Rosemarie T. Moore
    August 4, 2016 at 6:56 am (4 months ago)

“The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children’s children . It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us their history becomes a future”
    Charles and Ann Morse from ‘Let This Be A Day For Grandparents’
    Jess, this is how you make me feel by asking me for advice and recipes and being interested in our family and a very loving and caring granddaughter. You make me feel like I have a future at my age of 74. I love you Jess and am so proud to be your grandmother. Ps:46

4. Leslie L Golden
    September 16, 2016 at 7:57 am (3 months ago)

Sweetie, you just said everything I feel about being 57 and a mostly abstainer from make-up. I’ve got lines, sags, bags, droops, age-spots, crows feet, and silver hair that resists even permanent dyes. They’re a by-product of my life, something I wouldn’t trade including the parts where I was miserable. Age isn’t an artificial construct or a “state of mind”. It’s just part of life (if you’re lucky).